I love surprises and the most I love are parcel surprised. My mum used to send me 3-4 parcels a year with so many bits inside it. Each parcel was very heavy, too. It had sweets and other things I needed from my home country inside it.
My best friend Karo is now continuing this which I am very happy about (thanks a mill at this point xxx). Over time I am collecting ideas for her and things that come into my mind I could possibly need which you don’t get in Ireland. Hubby loves the sentence when I say “You can’t get this in Ireland” by the way. This is sarcastic of course. But what I love most about these parcels is that there is not only things in it that I have requested, but also things that come to a surprise. It’s like Christmas comes early.
Unfortunately there is no H&M in the town I live in. The nearest one is over an hour drive away. Karo got me hooked on H&M clothing and I love shopping for myself and the kids now. There is no online shop in Ireland either and the UK one doesn’t deliver to Ireland yet which is a real shame. So I ordered some bits and bobs for Chloe for the winter from Germany and she sent them onto me. You might have seen it already, there are cat clothes once again. I am obsessed with these lately.You haven’t even seen half the clothing hauls I have done lately which involved cat clothes, too.
Converse are the most comfiest shoes in the world and they go with pretty much every outfit. I have a blue pair at the moment but it is always good to have 2 pair. The other white pair I have I’ve worn so many times, they will have to be thrown out. Karo works in a factory where customers return items they were not happy with, from companies like Groupon. These converse are in general cheaper so why not.
This brand is a well known brand in a shop in Germany called DM. DM is like Boots for example. The smell of these shower gels are delicious. The left one is cherry and the middle one is melon.
I bought this box on Ebay Germany a while ago. It is for a chunk of butter. I find it better and more hygienic than when you buy a box of butter and put your knife in it all the time. It looks pretty too, doesn’t it?
I find in Ireland parents are not too keen on jars and homecook for their babies/toddlers. With this image I just want to give you an idea how much variety of different tasty Hipp jars you can get in Germany. I mean Hipp is Hipp but for some reason, I find Hipp jars in Ireland are disgusting and they don’t smell nice at all. The ones I got are vegetable soup, potato soup, rice with carrots and turkey, vegetable rice with chicken, spinach with potatoes and Spagetti Bolognese. I wish there would be more of these over here. The aisles are full of these and so many more over in Germany and cheaper too.
Matthe was delighted with these. A colouring book from “Cars” and stickers. He wanted to stick them all over straight away. We only stuck some of them though as I didn’t want to waste them all straight away.
Last but not least, some chocolate and some sweets. Can’t go wrong with these.
1. This is more for baking. It is coconut fat and mainly for the German chocolate biscuit I love to make and shared the recipe a while back.
2. Haribo’s are everyone’s favourite. Most of these are the original ones you can always get but there is a new addition which is called “Little cupcakes”. I can’t wait to try them.
3. Werthers Original I loved since my childhood. Even though it is not really good for your teeth, I always have to suck on a sneaky one every now and then.
4. Pick Up I have seen on a few people’s blog that they have become popular in the UK and Ireland lately, too. There are many different flavours but I generally like the original or chocolatey one.
5. Kinder chocolate… mmmmh… is there anything more to say?
6. It’s hard to explain what these are but they have been around in Germany for 20/30 years. So also a delicacy from my childhood.
7. I really wanted these Kinder eggs. They come in a packet of 4 and more than likely have small Minions in it that you can collect. So I got 12!! Kinder eggs. Don’t tell Matthew! As a child I actually collected all the inside of the kinder eggs like hippos etc. Unfortunately I don’t have these anymore but they are worth a lot of money now these days. You could buy books back in the day to see how much they are worth.
8. Again a chocolate I have seen on one of the bloggers page that seemed to have become popular over here too now. If you open the box, there is no way you are just going to eat one. You are guaranteed to eat the whole box.
Well, that’s it all. Nice surprise isn’t it? I put it all away safe so I don’t start opening everything at once. I want it to last for a weeks/months if possible.
Have you received anything nice in the post lately? Or do you exchange parcels with your friend every now and then?