Blogging Goals 2017

Can you believe it, we are only two days away from entering the year 2017?  I already reflected on my blog goals from this year to see how I did. Based on that, I decided to create a new set of blogging goals for the new year to come.

Make it into the Tots 500

To some people, this might not be a big deal but I would really like to appear in the tots 500 again. I made it for a month at the beginning of this year but it all went down hill then during the summer. It’s going up and down like a yo yo all the time. Right now I am 895. I did notice that there has been a lot of new blogs out there though.


Exactly that it says on the tin. I was lucky enough to have a few sponsored posts coming my way this year. I do have a full-time job on top of that so keeping on top of a blog and a full-time job AND minding two kids isn’t exactly easy but I do have my schedule everyday where I can fit one or two post in. I am hoping to receive a lot of more sponsored posts that are more relevant to my niche.  I have been getting a lot of silly emails that include free work. I mean, who works for free?

Reach 1000 Likes on FB

This goal hasn’t changed. I could have increased it to 2000 likes but I think that’s a bit unrealistic. Right not I am at 705 likes. It should be definitely achievable to reach 1000 by the end of year 2017. Anything on top of that is a bonus I guess.

Attend Blog Events

This year I attended two blog events. One in Ireland, which was more of a birthday party and I didn’t like it too much because it focused more on beauty and fashion bloggers. But then there was the Blogfest in London which I traveled for from Ireland. Even though I went on my own, I have to say I really enjoyed it and I would definitely go again in 2017. But on top of that I would like to attend Britmums, too.

Plan, Organise, Engage

It is what it is. Writing good quality content is one thing, but as Aby from YouBabyMeMummy said it’s only 20% of the success. The other 80% is the promotion. You have to get yourself out there and not just write the content. How else are you going to be recognised? So in December I invested in buying Social Oomph for Twitter Unlimited. I can already see a big increase in page view which is brilliant. Another thing I need to do more, is spend an hour reading other bloggers posts and comment on them with my blog URL. That should increase my DA more, too I am hoping.

Get more Page views

My average page views each month range between 2000 and 2500. It depends on content and the amount I am publishing. I am hoping to reach 4000 page views each month. Am I being unrealistic there?

Work With Bigger Brands

This year has been a bit low key regarding reviewing brands products. I didn’t get that much in the post box to be honest. I would like to increase this again for next year. There was on review that I really enjoyed the most though. We received a Kiddy UK Smart fix Car seat. Has to be the best car seat ever because it’s got ISO fix built in. It’s so comfortable for my four year old that we bought a second one for hubby’s car. It’s a bit pricey but I think it’s worth the money.

Brand Ambassador

I haven’t managed to achieve this goal this year. No opportunity has come my way yet from a brand that I love. Maybe next year.

Have you set yourself a few blogging goals for the new year ahead?

14 thoughts on “Blogging Goals 2017

  1. These are great goals. All the best with them! Socialoomph has been on my radar for a while now but will take a look after reading this!

  2. These are brilliant blogging goals! I could definitely pinch a few! Blogging is such a great hobby but I find it SO difficult to keep on top of it especially when no one seems to be reading it. Keep us updated on how your goals are going throughout 2017! xx #beinspired

  3. It’s 181$ per year. So far it’s worth it for me. You can use Buffer but the problem is that you can’t schedule the same posts each time. I don’t know if you can if you buy the pro version but everyone is impressed with Social Oopmh.

  4. I love your visual goal image – I’m a very visual person and I love ‘at a glance’ reminders. Your goals are brilliant – realistic and very focused. I’m sure you ill be a huge success in 2017! Good luck!

  5. Hopefully I will. I am grand with the planning and organising bit BUT the idea of content can be a big problem sometimes. x

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge