Welcome back to my blog series “A Day in Parenting Blogger’s Life”. Today I actually have a special blogger joining me. Not only is she a blogger but she used to be one of my best friends in secondary school. To give you an idea, that was almost 16 years ago. We kind of lost touch when I moved to Ireland but I am not going into detail about it now. We are regularly chatting again the last nearly two years I think.
Over to Sabrina, her blog is in German but some of you may know some German. If not I’ll teach you no problem!
1. First of all, tell me a bit about yourself.
I am Sabrina. The name of my blog is Zwergenkinderstübchen, it’s a German blog. I started writing in April 2016. I live in a small village in the North-East of Germany with my boyfriend André, our 2 year old son Oliver and our cats Loki and Pepper.
2. How many times were you woken last night?
I didn’t wake up last night. Oliver slept through in his own bed but that unusual.
3. Do you co-sleep?
Yes, from the beginning if it’s necessary. I love it and I think sometimes it’s easier to calm him down.
4. What time do you normally wake up?
At 6 o’clock during the week. Olli is the alarm at the weekend.
5. How much average sleep do you get a night?
Mostly between 6 and 7 hours, I don’t like to go to bed early.
6. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
The first thing is to get dressed.
7. Tell me about your typical morning routine.
Get dressed, wake up Oliver, get him dressed. Getting ready and we have to leave the house on weekday mornings at the latest by 6:50 to go to the child minder.
8. When and how often do you prepare the family dinners? Give us a few examples what you would cook.
Three or four times a week, I cook for two days. I like to cook easy german recipes. Sometimes I try new recipes from the magazines.
9. What’s on the menu for lunch?
Yesterday I tried a new recipe with Vegetables, chicken and rice. It was delicious.
10. What activities have you got planned for the day for the kids?
We didn’t plan anything today. Oliver was at the child minder today and he got picked up from his Granny.
11. Do you generally eat dinner together as a family or get the kids fed first?
Me and Oliver have always dinner together sometimes daddy is having dinner with us too.
12. What do you do after dinner?
After dinner it’s toilet time for Oliver and I brush his teeth. Then I let Oliver play whilst I’m taking a shower.
13. What is your bedtime routine?
At round 7 I wash Olli and get him dressed for bed. I read a book and he has a milk. Then he goes to bed. After some songs I leave the room. Sometimes we have to calm him down a few times.
14. Most importantly, when and where do you normally blog in those 24 hours? Do you have a schedule?
I normally blog in the evening when Oliver is in bed and the housework is done.
Everyone loves a follower more. What social media platforms can we find you on?
If you would like to feature in my new blog series, you can do so by sending me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to have you on board.