This week I was nominated by the lovely Nicole who blogs at Little World Adventures. I found her blog by pure chance the other day in a Irish blogger Facebook group. She blogged about London essentials and because I have been to London only two weeks ago and her post caught my eye.
I have been nominated for this award before but with different questions. If you know me well enough, you will know I love answering random questions so I couldn’t say no to this one.
The rules are as follows:
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you for the award
- Display the Award on your blog
- Answer the 10 questions received by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 5-10 other blogs and make sure you inform them via social media
- Come up with 10 new questions of your own to ask your nominated bloggers
And here are the answers to the questions?
1. Where are you from?
I am originally from Germany. I am from a town called Waren which is located in the North East part of Germany. I moved to Ireland at the age of 19 where I started working as an Au Pair. The rest is history. I am still here ten years later.
2. What do you love most about the city you live in?
We only recently moved from Sligo to County Kildare so I can’t really tell you what I love most about Naas because I don’t know it enough yet. Sligo without a doubt I loved the scenery, the calm and the beach of course. We lived only ten minutes drive from it.
3. What is your favourite place you have been to so far and why?
New York… I have been three times so far in fact. I don’t know why but it really makes you want to go back again and again. I love the atmosphere of the city even though I am generally not a big of cities but I do love New York City.
4. What is the best travel experience you have had?
I have been traveling since the age of five. I’d say the best one has to be whenever my mum and I used to go to Spain to the same hotel every summer. The staff knew us and we were all friends. I’d like to go back there sometime.
5. What is the worst travel experience you have had?
Worst one has to be the time where I missed my flight back to Ireland from London. Reason was because there was no bus running for the next four hours or so. We ended up taking the ferry. Nightmare.
6. Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging now?
I started blogging to record my every day life. Before I took blogging more serious, it was more of a diary for myself which I didn’t even think of publishing. Until I discovered all the other bloggers. I have been blogging for nearly three years now and really enjoy it. I am so happy I finally found a hobby that I stick to.
7. If you could move anywhere in the world where would it be?
If I’d known the language, then my second choice of country would have been Spain. America seems quite interesting to me as well but I wouldn’t know what part I would want to live in. Probably Florida. I love their massive houses in America.
8. What are your hobbies and interests outside of blogging?
I do play tennis occasionally in the evening time. Apart from that I love doing online shopping, maybe a bit too much sometimes. I also like working on DIY projects.
9. What is your favourite blog post you have written?
That’s very difficult because to date I published over 600. It’s more of a report than a blog post but I do like the one where I talked about our first family summer holiday abroad in Spain last year. I enjoy writing the kids developmental updates too.
10. What is your dream job?
Is there such a thing as a dream job? I wouldn’t call my current job dream job but I have to say I do like my job. It’s probably also because of the people I am working with. We are a great team.
- AK from The German Wife
- Kellie from My Little Babog
- Sinead from Shinners and the Brood
- Louise from Tattooed Lady with a Baby
- Chantel from Milk and Nappies
And here are your questions girls…
- What would you do on a kid free day?
- What’s your favourite cake?
- What is the meaning of your blog name?
- Disneyland or Disney world?
- Where would you travel with the kids if you had a month off?
- Your ultimate favourite app?
- What’s your favourite movie?
- Do you have any other hobbies?
- What’s your favourite season and why?
- Did you make new friends through blogging?