It is getting closer to my due date now. I am going to be hitting the 36 weeks mark on Monday. This means it is time to pack my hospital bag and wash baby’s clothes this weekend.
I am so unorganised this time round. But I think it has got to do with the fact that I have a toddler running around the house who wants to be entertained too.
More than likely I will go over with this baby too just like I did with Matthew (10 days overdue).
When I first had Matthew I thought about absolutely everything and brought 2 bags into the hospital. Most of it I didn’t even use. But that’s the way it is when you are a first time mum. You want to be perfect, think of everything and don’t miss out on the smallest things.
This time I have thought about it a bit more and remembered back what was not necessary to bring and I have written down what I am going to bring. It will be only one bag. I hope this is of good usage to other mums out there who are expecting again as you forget so quickly what you brought on your first baby.
My hospital bag
- Dressing Gown (I am taking it just in case, but last time I was in labour in August and it was so warm in the hospital that I rarely used it, even though it was a light one)
- Slippers, socks
- 2x Nighties (one for labour, one spare)
- Maternity Pads
- Breast Pads
- 2x Towels
- Toiletries/Wash Bag (Don’t bring your heavy shampoo bottles with you. You can purchase small 100ml bottles in Primark/Penneys and fill them with shampoo, conditioner etc)
- Hair Ties
- Phone Charger
- Comfy Going Home outfit (whatever fitted you at 26 weeks )
- Snacks/Drinks (cereal bar, raisins, biscuits, fruit…etc)
- 4x vests (I’d recommend bringing new born and 0-3 months size)
- 4x sleep suits
- New born nappies
- Muslin squares (for cleaning up that milk)
- 2x baby blankets (I love the cellular ones)
- Hooded baby towel
- 2x hats
- 2x cot sheets
- Cotton wool
- Car seat
- Going home outfit
Is there anything you brought into hospital and didn’t need at all? Would you add on anything else?