I can’t believe I have actually never shared this recipe with you in the last 2 years of my blogging career. It’s a pasta salad dish which has been going for years in our family. Originally I came across it at a party when I was a child, maybe 12 or 13 years of age. My friends mother made it for her birthday party because we were having a BBQ outside. Ever since I am making this dish at least during the summer time, or when I feel like it.
It’s so easy to make and ready in no time.
• 500g Penne Pasta
• Half a glass of Hellmann’s Mayonnaise
• Tin of carrots
• Tin of peas
• Tin of sweetcorn
• 1x red pepper
Salt & Pepper to season
feeds 6-8 people
How to prepare:
• Cook pasta according to pack instructions
• In the mean time cut the pepper into small cubes, empty the tins of sweetcorn, peas and carrots into a strainer and rinse it
• Once pasta cooked, rinse the it with cold water until pasta is cool, then add pasta into a big bowl
• Add the sweetcorn, pea and carrots into the bowl of pasta
• Mix it all together and pour in the mayonnaise. Give it all a good mix again and season with salt and pepper to taste
• I normally put it into the fridge so it’s nice and cool and the mayonnaise sets better.
A few sausages from the BBQ goes well with it. I have mustard with it too but that’s a German preference of me.