We have been dealing with a lot of teething the last 3 days. I feel so sorry for Matthew but the good news is that these molars going to be his last ones. I don’t actually know how many teeth he has in total but the last 4 molars in the back are normally the worst and he is missing those I am sure.
Today I want to share some of the remedies we are using in our house but first of all for anyone that doesn’t quite know the symptoms when your little one is teething.
- Rosy cheeks
- Excessive drooling
- Swollen gums
- Problems sleeping at night
- No appetite
- Biting on everything
- Runny nappy
- Runny nose
We have been dealing with all of these symptoms. The cough has become more of a problem than anything else because it stops him from having his normal nap time which knocks off his routine. The coughing also wakes him from his sleep pattern.
So for the last 2 days I have been trying to make it as comfortable as possible for him.
- Nurofen/ Calpol (great for bringing down temperatures at night)
- Teething Gel (Soothing on the gums)
- Chilled Teething Ring ( best if you put it into the freezer for a few minutes)
- Soother (can be soothing sucking and chewing on it)
- Carrot Sticks (Great to bite on and a relieving pain)
- Ice Cream
That’s everything we have been using for the last few days. Is there anything you would add and worked great on your little one?